This a beginning yoga class. Students will learn Asana (yogic postures), pranayama (breathing exercises) and meditation (mindfulness). Yoga is based on the Vedic system from India. This ancient practice helps build a solid foundation for good health, focus, concentration and mental clarity. All that is required is a good attitude, a yoga mat, a pair of sweatpants and a t shirt. Regular practice of yoga will offer benefits such as:
- Toning and strengthening.
- Increasing flexibility.
- Improves confidence.
- Improves focus & concentration.
- Improves respiration.
- Promotes relaxation.
- Builds internal and external awareness.
- Facilitates improved health.
Students are expected to
- Fully participate.
- Assist with set up and break down of room.
- Come to class prepared on time with proper yoga attire.
- Show up with a good attitude.
- Utilizing quiet voices.
- Respond when called upon.
- No food and drink inside the classroom.
- Students are expected to behave respectfully towards the instructor and toward fellow students.
- Do not bring any electronic devices out into the classroom.
Makeup Work for Absences
Students are responsible to check in with me regarding missed classes. Make up assignments will include community service and research papers.
How Grades are Computed
||A: 90% and above
B: 80% and above
C: 70% and above
D: 60% and above
F: below 60%
|Assistance in set up and break down of room